Last Updated: September 18th 2023
Welcome to Earth AI! This Privacy Notice explains how Earth AI Inc. ("Earth AI," "our," "we," or "us") collects, uses, and discloses personal information in connection with our website, www.earth-ai.com, and all related services (including contact with our team, engagement with us on social media, or other related interactions with us) (collectively the “services”).
This Privacy Notice does not address our privacy practices relating to Earth AI job applicants, employees and other personnel. This Privacy Notice is also not a contract and does not create any legal rights or obligations.
OUR COLLECTION OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
Earth AI is the controller of the personal information we collect or otherwise maintain in connection with our services. This means that we determine how and why personal information is processed.
The categories of personal information we collect depend on how you interact with us and our services. Earth AI collects information that individuals provide directly to us, information we collect automatically when individuals interact with us, and information we collect from third-party sources and other organizations.
Personal Information Individuals Provide Directly to Us
We may collect the following personal information individuals provide directly to us in connection with our services:
- Contact Information, including name, email address, and company affiliation.
- Account Information, including username, log-in credentials, profile description, general location.
- Inquiry Information, including information provided in custom messages sent through our services or provided directly to a member of our team.
When an individual chooses to contact us, we may need additional information to fulfill the request or respond to inquiries. We may provide additional privacy-related information where the scope of the inquiry/request and/or personal information we require fall outside the scope of this Privacy Notice. In that case, the additional privacy notice will govern how we may process the information provided at that time.
Personal Information Automatically Collected
As is true of many digital platforms, we and our third-party providers may also collect certain personal information from an individual’s device, browsing actions, and site usage patterns automatically when visiting or interacting with our services, which may include:
- Log Data, such as cookie identifiers, internet protocol (IP) address, mobile carrier, MAC address, user settings, mobile ad identifiers, Internet service provider, browser or device information, the URL entered and the referring page/campaign, date/time of visit, the time spent on our services, and any errors that may occur during the visit to our services.
- Analytics Data, such as the electronic path taken to our services, through our services, and when exiting our services, as well as information pertaining to usage and activity on our services (including pages visited, links clicked, content interacted with, and duration and frequency of the activities).
- Location Data, such as general geographic location based on the log data we or our third-party providers collect.
Personal Information from Third Parties and Other Sources
We also obtain personal information from third-party sources, which we often combine with personal information we collect either automatically or directly from an individual.
We may receive the same categories of personal information as described above from the following third parties:
- Affiliates: We may receive personal information from other companies affiliated with Earth AI, and other companies owning or under common ownership with Earth AI, particularly when we collaborate in providing services.
- Community Participants: We may receive personal information from other participants in the Earth AI community to help support an individual’s interaction with the Earth AI.
- Social Media: If an individual chooses to interact with us on social media, we may collect personal information about them from their social media account that they make public. We use personal information collected in connection with their social media account to communicate with them, better understand their interests and preferences, and better understand our user base in the aggregate.
- Events: We may from time to time offer opportunities for individuals to take part in events. Our event partners may collect or share personal information with us in connection with the relevant event, or service. For example, we may receive personal information from third-party business partners that organize conferences or trade shows based on individual’s expressed interests.
- Data Analytics Providers: We rely on third-party providers to help us collect analytics relating to our services and user base. These data analytics providers often collect personal information directly from individuals and share some or all of this information with us in connection with their analytics services.
- Other Service Providers: Other service providers that perform services solely on our behalf, such as website hosting and marketing providers, collect personal information and often share some or all of this information with us in connection with their services.
- Information Providers: We may from time to time obtain information from third-party information providers to correct or supplement personal information we collect. For example, we may obtain updated contact information from third-party information providers to connect with an individual who may be interested in our services.
- Publicly Available Sources: We collect personal information about individuals that we do not otherwise have, such as contact information or an individual’s interest in our services, from publicly available sources. We may combine this information with the information we collect from an individual directly.
OUR USE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
We use the information we collect to:
- Manage our organization and its day-to-day operations;
- Administer, provide, maintain, improve, and personalize our products and services;
- Improve and support the Earth AI community;
- Facilitate identity and transaction management services at your request;
- Process or otherwise facilitate transactions and send you related information, including confirmations, receipts, invoices, customer experience surveys, and recall notices;
- Personalize and improve your experience on our services;
- Send you technical notices, security alerts, and support and administrative messages;
- Respond to your comments and questions and provide customer service;
- Communicate with you about products, services, and events offered by Earth AI and others and provide news and information that we think will interest you;
- Monitor and analyze trends, usage, and activities in connection with our services;
- Test, enhance, update, and monitor the services, diagnose or fix technology problems, and to help maintain the safety, security, and integrity of our property and services, technology assets, and business;
- Defend, protect, or enforce our rights or applicable contracts and agreements;
- Detect, prevent, investigate, or provide notice of security incidents or other malicious, deceptive, fraudulent, or illegal activity and protect the rights and property of Earth AI and others;
- Facilitate business transactions and reorganizations impacting the structure of our business;
- Comply with our legal and financial obligations; and
- Carry out any other purpose described to you at the time the information was collected.
OUR DISCLOSURE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
We disclose the information we collect to:
- Affiliates: We share information with other companies affiliated with Earth AI, and other companies owning or under common ownership with Earth AI, particularly when we collaborate in providing services.
- Referrals: We may share the name of a referring individual with the friends and family the individual refers to our services, as well as any other content or custom message the referring individual wishes to share.
- Event Partners: Just as we may receive information from our event partners, we may share information with them in connection with the relevant event or service we are offering. For example, we may share information with third-party business partners that help foster the Earth AI community in order to have them facilitate communication between us and members of the Earth AI community.
- Data Analytics Providers: We may share information with our data analytics providers to facilitate the analytics services they are providing us.
- Other Service Providers: In addition to the third parties identified above, we engage other third-party service providers that perform business or operational services for us or on our behalf, such as web hosting, fraud prevention, customer service, and marketing services. Depending on the function the provider serves, the service provider may process information on our behalf or have access to information while performing functions on our behalf.
- Business Transaction or Reorganization: We may share or otherwise disclose personal to a third party during negotiations concerning, in connection with, or as an asset in a merger, sale or other transfer of company assets, joint venture, financing, or acquisition of all or a portion of our business by another company. Personal information may also be disclosed in the event of insolvency, bankruptcy, or receivership.
- Legal Obligations and Rights: We share or otherwise disclose information to third parties, such as our lawyers, other professional advisors and law enforcement:
- Where necessary to obtain advice or otherwise protect and manage our business interests;
- In connection with the establishment, exercise, or defense of legal claims;
- To comply with laws or to respond to lawful requests or legal process, including lawful requests by public authorities to meet national security or law enforcement requirements;
- To protect our rights and property and the rights and property of others, including to enforce our agreements and policies;
- To detect, suppress, or prevent fraud;
- To protect the health and safety of us and others; or
- As otherwise required by applicable law.
- Otherwise with Consent or Direction: We may share or otherwise disclose information with your consent or at your direction. For example, we may share certain information with a third-party app or platform to verify your online identity or transactions at your direction in connection with Identity Connect (as further described below).
We also share aggregated or de-identified information that cannot reasonably be used to identify you.
COOKIES AND RELATED TECHNOLOGIES
We engage third parties to provide us with analytics and other services across the web and in mobile apps. We and our third-party providers may use (i) cookies or small data files that are stored on an individual’s computer and (ii) other, similar technologies, such as web beacons, pixels, embedded scripts, location-identifying technologies and logging technologies (collectively, “cookies”) to automatically collect personal information and use or disclose the personal information for the purposes described in the sections above, including to analyze and track data, determine the popularity of certain content, and better understand each user’s online activity. Some examples of our third-party cookie providers include:
If an individual would prefer not to accept cookies, most browsers will allow the individual to: (i) change the individual’s browser settings to notify the individual when the individual receives a cookie, which lets the individual choose whether or not to accept it; (ii) disable existing cookies; or (iii) set the individual’s browser to automatically reject cookies. Please note that doing so may negatively impact the individual’s experience using our website, as some features and offerings may not work properly or at all. Depending on the individual’s device and operating system, the individual may not be able to delete or block all cookies. In addition, if the individual wants to reject cookies across all browsers and devices, the individual will need to do so on each browser on each device the individual actively uses.
The individual may also set their email options to prevent the automatic downloading of images that may contain technologies that would allow us to know whether they have accessed our email and performed certain functions with it.
We may choose or be required by law to provide different or additional disclosures relating to the processing of personal information about residents of certain countries, regions or states. Please see below for disclosures that may be applicable to you:
- If you are a resident of the State of California or Nevada in the United States, please see the Additional United States Privacy Disclosures below.
CHILDREN’S PERSONAL INFORMATION
Our services are not directed to, and we do not intend to, or knowingly, collect or solicit personal information from children under the age of 13. If an individual is under the age of 13, they should not use our services or otherwise provide us with any personal information either directly or by other means. If a child under the age of 13 has provided personal information to us, we encourage the child’s parent or guardian to contact us to request that we remove the personal information from our systems. If we learn that any personal information we collect has been provided by a child under the age of 13, we will promptly delete that personal information.
LINKS TO THIRD-PARTY WEBSITE OR SERVICE
Our services may include links to third-party websites, plug-ins, and applications. Except where we post, link to, or expressly adopt or refer to this Privacy Notice, this Privacy Notice does not apply to, and we are not responsible for, any personal information practices of third-party websites and online services or the practices of other third parties. To learn about the personal information practices of third parties, please visit their respective privacy notices.
UPDATES TO THIS PRIVACY NOTICE
We may change this Privacy Notice from time to time. If we make changes, we will notify you by revising the date at the top of this notice and, if we make material changes, we may provide you with additional notice (such as adding a statement to our services or sending you a notification). We encourage you to review this Privacy Notice regularly to stay informed about our information practices and the choices available to you.
If you have any questions or requests in connection with this Privacy Notice or other privacy-related matters, please send an email to: email@example.com
ADDITIONAL UNITED STATES PRIVACY DISCLOSURES
If you are a resident of the state of Nevada in the United States, Chapter 603A of the Nevada Revised Statutes permits a Nevada resident to opt out of future sales of certain covered information that a website operator has collected or will collect about the resident. Although we do not currently sell covered information, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Nevada Opt Out Request” to submit such a request.
The remainder of this section supplements the information contained in our Privacy Notice by providing additional information about our personal information processing practices relating to individual residents of the State of California. For a detailed description of how we collect, use, and disclose personal information in connection with our services, please read the Privacy Notice above.
No Sales or Targeted Advertising
We do not sell personal information, and we do not process or otherwise share personal information for the purpose of displaying advertisements that are selected based on personal information obtained or inferred over time from an individual’s activities across non-affiliated businesses or websites, applications, or other services (otherwise known as “targeted advertising” or “cross-context behavioral advertising”).
We do not currently collect personal information that may be classified as “sensitive” under applicable privacy laws.
We may at times receive, or process personal information to create, deidentified information that can no longer reasonably be used to infer information about, or otherwise be linked to, a particular individual or household. Where we maintain deidentified information, we will maintain and use the information in deidentified form and not attempt to reidentify the information except as required or permitted by law.
Your Privacy Rights
Depending on your state of residency and subject to certain legal limitations and exceptions, you may be able to exercise some or all of the following rights:
- Right to Know: The right to confirm whether we are processing personal information about you and, under California law only, to obtain certain personalized details about the personal information we have collected about you, including:
- The categories of personal information collected;
- The categories of sources of the personal information;
- The purposes for which the personal information were collected;
- The categories of personal information disclosed to third parties (if any), and the categories of recipients to whom the personal information were disclosed;
- The categories of personal information shared for targeted advertising purposes (if any), and the categories of recipients to whom the personal information were disclosed for those purposes; and
- The categories of personal information sold (if any), and the categories of third parties to whom the personal information were sold.
- Right to Access & Portability: The right to obtain access to the personal information we have collected about you and, where required by law, the right to obtain a copy of the personal information in a portable and, to the extent technically feasible, readily usable format that allows you to transmit the data to another entity without hindrance.
- Right to Correction: The right to correct inaccuracies in your personal information, taking into account the nature of the personal information and the purposes of the processing of the personal information.
- Right to Deletion: The right to have us delete the personal information we maintain about you.
You also have the right to not receive retaliatory or discriminatory treatment in connection with a request to exercise the above rights. However, the exercise of the rights described above may result in a different price, rate or quality level of product or service where that difference is reasonably related to the impact the right has on our relationship or is otherwise permitted by law.
Submitting Privacy Rights Requests
To submit a request to exercise one of the privacy rights identified above, please send an email to email@example.com
Before processing your request, we may need to verify your identity and confirm you are a resident of a state that offers the requested right(s). In order to verify your identity, we will generally either require the successful authentication of a community membership, or the matching of sufficient information you provide us to the information we maintain about you in our systems. We may at times need to request additional information from you, taking into consideration our relationship with you and the sensitivity of your request.
We will only use the personal information provided in the verification process to verify your identity or authority to make a request and to track and document request responses, unless you initially provided the information for another purpose. In certain circumstances, we may decline a privacy rights request, particularly where you are not a resident of one of the eligible states or where we are unable to verify your identity.
Submitting Authorized Agent Requests
In certain circumstances, you are permitted to use an authorized agent to submit requests on your behalf through the designated methods set forth above where we can verify the authorized agent’s authority to act on your behalf. In order to verify the authorized agent’s authority, we generally require evidence of either (i) a valid power of attorney or (ii) a signed letter containing your name and contact information, the name and contact information of the authorized agent, and a statement of authorization for the request. Depending on the evidence provided and your state of residency, we may still need to separately reach out to you to confirm the authorized agent has permission to act on your behalf and to verify your identity in connection with the request.
Appealing Privacy Rights Decisions
Depending on your state of residency, you may be able to appeal a decision we have made in connection with your privacy rights request. All appeal requests should be submitted by replying to the communication resolving your original request.
California Categories of Personal Data
California law requires we provide disclosures to you about what personal information we collect by reference to the enumerated categories of personal information set forth within California law. To address this obligation, we have identified the relevant enumerated California personal information category for the personal information described in the Our Collection of Personal Information section of our Privacy Notice, as well as the categories of personal information we collect from representatives of third-party entities, below:
- Identifiers, including name, email address, and social media handles.
- Customer Records, including account information and referral information,
- Internet/Network Information, including Log Data and Analytics Data.
- Geolocation Data, including general geographic location based on the log data we or our third-party providers collect.
- Professional / Employment Information, including the business or organization an individual represents, their title with that business or organization and information relating to their role with the business or organization, which we use to communicate with the individual about the business or organization they represent.
- Other Personal Data, including communication preferences, inquiry information, personal information an individual permits us to see when interacting with us through social media, and personal information an individual provides us in relation to a question, request, inquiry, survey, contest or promotion.
We disclose all of these categories of personal information for a business purpose to service providers or other third parties at the consumer’s direction, as outlined in the Our Disclosure of Personal Information section of our Privacy Notice.
Retention of Personal Information
We retain personal information only for as long as is reasonably necessary to fulfil the purpose for which it was collected. However, if necessary, we may retain personal information for longer periods of time, until set retention periods and deadlines expire, for instance where we are required to do so in accordance with legal, tax and accounting requirements set by a legislature, regulator or other government authority. To determine the appropriate duration of the retention of personal information, we consider the amount, nature and sensitivity of the personal information, the potential risk of harm from unauthorized use or disclosure of personal information and if we can attain our objectives by other means, as well as our legal, regulatory, tax, accounting and other applicable obligations.